Adriana Badescu is a senior legal consultant with the Alston Asquith corporate / commercial team.
Adriana has experience acting for corporate clients across a wide range of sectors, including general commercial, construction, energy/renewables, education, transport, infrastructure and projects -PFI/PPP. Her clients include financial institutions and banks, private companies and consortiums and public local authorities. Adriana regularly advises clients across the entire life of a project from due diligence, project structure, contract negotiations and draft documentation to contract administration and risk management.
Adriana’s experience focuses on commercial work such as reviewing tender documents, drafting and negotiating a range of commercial documents including heads of terms, confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements, consultant appointments, development services agreements, bespoke construction contracts and subcontracts as well as standard industry construction contracts such as FIDIC and JCT, performance security (collateral warranties, bonds, parent company guarantees), facilities management agreements, framework agreements and a broad suite of related project documentation.
Adriana Badescu is a qualified solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales. During her time as a solicitor, Adriana has worked in London for Ashurst, Dentons and Bevan Brittan. Adriana is also registered as a “solicitor of England and Wales” in the Special Register of EU lawyers of the Illustre Colegio de Abogados de Valencia, Spain under the Establishment Directive 98/5/EC which grants Adriana the right to practice as a “solicitor of England and Wales” in Spain in accordance with the said legislation.
Expertise of Adriana Badescu
- Advising a UK utilities company in its capacity as Employer in relation to an alliancing strategy and implementation.
- Advising a major UK retailer in its capacity as Employer on several Automated Storage and Materials Handling Facilities.
- Completed a due diligence exercise/report for a bidder, consisting of reviewing corporate documentation of 11 companies in relation to the potential acquisition of an equity interest in SeaEnergy Renewables Limited, an entity with rights to develop both exclusively and in partnership with joint venturers a number of offshore wind farms in Scotland and Taiwan.
- Advising a major property and leisure management, development and regeneration company on its professional consultants appointments in its role as development manager for multiple developments with a local authority.
- Advising a local authority on its development agreement, building contract and related documentation to deliver a new multiplex cinema, including two restaurants and upper floor leisure/employment space.
Energy/renewables and PFI/PPP
- Advising an international waste management company in its capacity as SPV/EPC Contractor on three of their major waste PFI schemes in the UK.
- Advising Canadian Solar on the EPC and O&M Contracts in relation to a number of solar power plants in the UK.
- Advising the Lenders on the Cornwall EfW PFI Project.
- Advising a Swedish EfW developer and operator on its Eastern Europe energy from waste project.
- Advising the SPV and EPC Contractor on the North London Waste Authority (NWLA) fuel use procurement during ISFT (part of NWLA £3 billion waste PFI scheme).
- Advising a Turkish consortium in its capacity as sponsor for a project for a 22-year concession to BOT a 420 km road between Izmir and Gebze in Turkey, in relation to the structuring of its construction contract related security package/bonds.
- Advising the developer in relation to two residential housing projects for the Government of an African country.
- Advising the Lender on the employer’s conditions of contract for construction and particular conditions of contract amending the FIDIC Red Book in relation to the Jabi Lake Mall Project in Nigeria.
- Advising Hackney Schools for the Future Limited in developing the design and construction contracts for the development of Phase 2 of the Building Schools for the Future (BSF) programme in Hackney.
- Advising Balfour Beatty Capital Projects Ltd in its capacity as sponsor in relation to the £57 million BSF project Phase 2 in Southwark.
- Advising a Skanska-led consortium in its capacity as sponsor in relation to the £90 million BSF project in Essex.
We pride ourselves on our relationship with our clients as well as the service we provide. View some of our feedback on Trustpilot.