David Frearson is a commercial litigation solicitor recommended in the Legal 500 (2020) as “young, energetic, committed lawyer who has a bright future ahead of him”. He acts for multi-national companies, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals in a range of commercial disputes. Focus on protecting intellectual property and complex multi-million contractual disputes between energy companies and property developers. Experienced in both obtaining and defending injunctive proceedings in claims of up to £1.3 billion. Substantial experience in regulatory litigation, including matters arising from the cross-over between criminal and civil litigation. Over 15 years protecting clients faced with regulatory, fiscal or criminal investigations or complaints from a range of regulators including HSE, National Trading Standards, HMRC, SFO, NCA and Police.
Expertise of David Frearson
- 2021: High Court (Commercial), currently acting for client in breach of contract claim involving ownership of over 27 properties.
- 2021: High Court (Chancery), currently acting for client in complex breach of contract claim involving cross-border companies.
- 2021: (London County Court) Breach of contract claim between 2 energy companies, successfully struck out Defendant’s Defence and Counterclaim at CCMC.
- 2019/21: Successfully represented multi-national client in long running product liability claim from Office for Product Safety & Standards.
- 2018/19: High Court (Commercial) part of team representing Defendant in £1.3 billion claim & injunctive proceedings.
- 2019/20: High Court (Technology & Construction QBD) Acted for client in complex commercial dispute against Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea involving over 50 construction sites and six blocks of flats.
- 2019/2020: Successfully brought Quincecare Duty claim against bank on behalf of commercial client.
- 2019/20: High Court (Chancery) £2.5 million commercial dispute, involving Freezing Injunction and Asset Preservation Order.
- 2019: Advised on cross jurisdictional £12 million breach of contract claim in Dubai.
- 2019: Advised on cross jurisdictional £500,000 breach of contract claim in Dubai.
- 2019: High Court (QBD) Defamation claim against client struck out at CCMC.
- 2019: Grenfell Towery Inquiry, part of team examining huge quantities of disclosure as part of Inquiry.
- 2018: High Court (Commercial) Green Deal Marketing v Eco Energy Trading Ltd & E Gas & Electricity Ltd. HC2017-001572. Part of team acting for claimant in £20 million breach of contract dispute between two energy companies.
- 2018: High Court (Commercial) Represented client in £3 million breach of contract claim.
- 2018: High Court (Insolvency & Companies List) Defending application for 15-year directorship disqualification following complex allegations of mis-selling financial products as part of alleged £36 million fraud.
- 2018: High Court (Commercial), obtained Proprietary Injunction following contested hearing, for client in £3 million commercial dispute
- 2017: Advised client under investigation for complex £100 million allegation of fraud over sale of a company.
- 2017: High Court (QB) Successfully struck out claim in Malicious Prosecution against in contested hearing (Gujra v Roath & Roath 2017 HQ17X01187)
- 2014: High Court (QB) Successfully defended Freezing Order brought by Pennington Manches for unpaid legal fees, with injunction fully discharged & indemnity costs awarded. (Zelf Hussain & others of Pricewaterhouse Coopers LLP v Seymour  EWHC 891 (QB)
- 2014: Advised commercial client subject to World Wide Freezing Order & investigation by National Trading Standards into allegation of £37 million online fraud.
- 2016/20: Since 2016 acted for two multi-national companies in successfully bringing over 16 separate intellectual property dispute claims against multiple national and international retailers.
- 2021: Currently advise multi-national company on all matters relating managing intellectual property litigation.
- 2019/21: Retained by Qatari family office to advise to advise and manage UK based commercial litigation.
Email David Frearson: email@example.com
Direct Dial: +44(0)20 3950 3538
Contact Our London Office: Click here
We pride ourselves on our relationship with our clients as well as the service we provide. View some of our feedback on Trustpilot.