David Frearson is a commercial litigation solicitor recommended in the Legal 500 (2020) as “young, energetic, committed lawyer who has a bright future ahead of him”. He acts for multi-national companies, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals in a range of commercial disputes. Focus on protecting intellectual property and complex multi-million contractual disputes between energy companies and property developers. Experienced in both obtaining and defending injunctive proceedings in claims of up to £1.3 billion. Substantial experience in regulatory litigation, including matters arising from the cross-over between criminal and civil litigation. Over 15 years protecting clients faced with regulatory, fiscal or criminal investigations or complaints from a range of regulators including HSE, National Trading Standards, HMRC, SFO, NCA and Police.
Expertise of David Frearson
- 2021: High Court (Commercial), currently acting for client in breach of contract claim involving ownership of over 27 properties.
- 2021: High Court (Chancery), currently acting for client in complex breach of contract claim involving cross-border companies.
- 2021: (London County Court) Breach of contract claim between 2 energy companies, successfully struck out Defendant’s Defence and Counterclaim at CCMC.
- 2019/21: Successfully represented multi-national client in long running product liability claim from Office for Product Safety & Standards.
- 2018/19: High Court (Commercial) part of team representing Defendant in £1.3 billion claim & injunctive proceedings.
- 2019/20: High Court (Technology & Construction QBD) Acted for client in complex commercial dispute against Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea involving over 50 construction sites and six blocks of flats.
- 2019/2020: Successfully brought Quincecare Duty claim against bank on behalf of commercial client.
- 2019/20: High Court (Chancery) £2.5 million commercial dispute, involving Freezing Injunction and Asset Preservation Order.
- 2019: Advised on cross jurisdictional £12 million breach of contract claim in Dubai.
- 2019: Advised on cross jurisdictional £500,000 breach of contract claim in Dubai.
- 2019: High Court (QBD) Defamation claim against client struck out at CCMC.
- 2019: Grenfell Towery Inquiry, part of team examining huge quantities of disclosure as part of Inquiry.
- 2018: High Court (Commercial) Green Deal Marketing v Eco Energy Trading Ltd & E Gas & Electricity Ltd. HC2017-001572. Part of team acting for claimant in £20 million breach of contract dispute between two energy companies.
- 2018: High Court (Commercial) Represented client in £3 million breach of contract claim.
- 2018: High Court (Insolvency & Companies List) Defending application for 15-year directorship disqualification following complex allegations of mis-selling financial products as part of alleged £36 million fraud.
- 2018: High Court (Commercial), obtained Proprietary Injunction following contested hearing, for client in £3 million commercial dispute
- 2017: Advised client under investigation for complex £100 million allegation of fraud over sale of a company.
- 2017: High Court (QB) Successfully struck out claim in Malicious Prosecution against in contested hearing (Gujra v Roath & Roath 2017 HQ17X01187)
- 2014: High Court (QB) Successfully defended Freezing Order brought by Pennington Manches for unpaid legal fees, with injunction fully discharged & indemnity costs awarded. (Zelf Hussain & others of Pricewaterhouse Coopers LLP v Seymour  EWHC 891 (QB)
- 2014: Advised commercial client subject to World Wide Freezing Order & investigation by National Trading Standards into allegation of £37 million online fraud.
- 2016/20: Since 2016 acted for two multi-national companies in successfully bringing over 16 separate intellectual property dispute claims against multiple national and international retailers.
- 2021: Currently advise multi-national company on all matters relating managing intellectual property litigation.
- 2019/21: Retained by Qatari family office to advise to advise and manage UK based commercial litigation.
We pride ourselves on our relationship with our clients as well as the service we provide. View some of our feedback on Trustpilot.