David Frearson is experienced litigator who acts for multi-national companies, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals in a range of commercial disputes. Focus on protecting intellectual property and complex multi-million contractual disputes between energy companies. Experienced in both obtaining and defending injunctive proceedings. Substantial experience in regulatory and civil law, particularly matters arising out of the cross-over between criminal law and civil litigation. Over 14 years protecting clients faced with regulatory, fiscal or criminal investigations or complaints from a range of regulators including National Trading Standards, HMRC and the SFO.
Expertise of David Frearson
- Successful opposition of a Freezing Order, injunction fully discharged with indemnity costs. (Zelf Hussain & others of Pricewaterhouse Coopers LLP v Seymour  EWHC 891 (QB).
- Advised commercial client in relation to Worldwide Freezing Order and investigation by National Trading Standards into alleged £37 million online fraud.
- Defended a client in High Court company directorship disqualification proceedings, following complex allegation of alleged £2 million mis-selling of Carbon Credits
- Successfully obtained injunctive relief following contested High Court hearing, for client in multi-million-pound trust dispute
- Advised client following complex allegation of fraud, based on alleged overstating of pre-tax profits by over £100 million, before sale of company in excess of £400 million.
- Successful strike out of claim in malicious prosecution, following contested High Court hearing.
- Acted on behalf of multi-billion company in a series of design rights disputes against multiple national-retailer.
We pride ourselves on our relationship with our clients as well as the service we provide. View some of our feedback on Trustpilot.