Jai Singh is a senior legal consultant with the Alston Asquith corporate/ commercial team.
Jai has particular expertise in relation to complex cross-border transactions, including in the areas of: acquisitions and takeovers, securitisation and structured finance and capital markets. During his time as a lawyer, Jai has worked for Herbert Smith (London), Maples & Calder (Hong Kong office) and Allen & Overy (Indian affiliate).
He focuses on advising corporate clients and works with boards on both transactional and advisory work. He is frequently involved in advising on the legal challenges that face boards whether on governance issues, shareholder activism or corporate restructurings.
Jai has an extensive experience of working with clients in a broad range of industries, which has included counselling some of the world’s leading corporations on multibillion-pound deals.
Jai graduated from St Edmunds College, Cambridge with a BA in Law in 2005.
Expertise of Jai Singh
- Watford Football Club– lead associate in the buyout of Watford Football Club.
- Microsol International– Drafting ‘take or pay’ supply contracts for solar battery cells.
- Hampton Estates – Established Hamptons Estates’ India operations and which included drafting the initial real estate commercial contracts.
- British American Tobacco– advised on day to day management in relation to the Companies Act 2006.
- Acted for NYSE listed US paper giant International Paper in its acquisition of a majority stake in Andhra Pradesh Paper Mills with a total deal amount of US$432 million, the largest deal of its kind in the Indian paper industry.
- First Choice Holidays PLC– Acted for First Choice in the mega merger of First Choice Holidays PLC and TUI AG’s tourism division.
- Essar Group– Advised in relation to the transactions and advisory work for the Essar Group including financings of certain put and call options held by Essar and Vodafone respectively on Vodafone Essar shares.
- Bohler-Uddeholm AG -advised in relation to the disposal of one of Bohler’s UK business undertakings.
- Covidien (formerly Tyco Healthcare)– Advised on a number of commercial contracts and compliance matters.
- Plantronics USA – Advised on the termination of a long-standing commercial distribution agreement.
- A member of the legal delegation that drafted detailed blueprint for a privacy and data protection standards board for NASSCOM.
- Mitsui Group – advised in connection with it launch of its India operations.
- Smiths Detection– acted for the world leading threat detection equipment manufacturer in its purchase of an Indian company’s assets.
- Telenor– Advised the telecom giant on regulatory issues in relation to its telecom licences in India.
- Advised the ING Group on complex issues relating to commercial transactions in India.
- Advised Dell Inc. on its commercial arrangements in India.
Email Jai Singh: firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Dial: +44(0)20 3950 3538
Contact Our London Office: Click here
We pride ourselves on our relationship with our clients as well as the service we provide. View some of our feedback on Trustpilot.