Karl Pilcher is a Consultant Solicitor with the Alston Asquith corporate / commercial team.
Karl has over 25 years business and legal experience in technology, construction and energy projects. He has worked in-house with various world class companies, advising executive management on risk and leading complex and challenging negotiations for global and domestic UK transactions.
Karl advises on transactions, including joint ventures; engineering services; engineering, procurement and construction management services; sale of capital goods; engineering, procurement and construction works; software licenses and bank facilities. Forms of contract include NEC, JCT, IChemE, LOGIC, FIDIC, client standard form, Loan Market Association and ISDA. His experience has covered business in UK, Europe, Russia, Kazakhstan, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Contract counterparties include oil super majors, national oil companies, S&P 100 corporations, FTSE 100 companies and STOXX Europe 50 companies.
Karl advises on GDPR, anti-bribery and corruption, export controls and other compliance matters, intellectual property, acquisitions, divestments and commercial and construction claims and disputes.
- Advised leading software provider on customer’s licence terms for major new business with Russian oil major.
- Advised world class software provider in the field of advanced process controls on software licences and an agreement for professional services with a world leading starch and polyols manufacturer.
- Advised multi-billion dollar software provider on complex three party licence transaction with world leading national oil company and Fortune Global 500 professional services company for a project in Saudi Arabia.
- Advised multi-billion Euro engineering and construction contractor on engineering services and engineering & construction contracts with a leading drug manufacturer for new production facilities in the UK.
- Advised global engineering and construction contractor on a master agreement for professional services with one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies.
- Advised leading engineering and construction contractor on a design and build contract with a multinational speciality chemicals company for new scientific facilities in the UK.
- Advised multinational engineering contractor on a major front-end engineering and design services transaction with a joint venture formed by an oil super major and a national oil company for a multi-billion dollar onshore upstream oil & gas project in Kazakhstan.
- Advised leading multinational engineering contractor on a major contract with a national oil company for upstream offshore oil & gas services in Saudi Arabia.
- Advised a multi-billion pound engineering services company on a subcontract with a contractor to the UK Government for Front End Engineering and Design services in respect of a major carbon capture and storage project.
- Advised NASDAQ listed engineering and construction company on contracts for design, manufacture and supply of fired heaters with a Taiwanese engineering procurement and construction contractor.
- Advised a leading engineering and construction contractor on an engineering, procurement and construction management services transaction with a Norwegian pharmaceutical company for a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in the UK.
Finance / Corporate
- Advised NASDAQ listed company on various ISDA transactions.
- Advised world class engineering company on major bank bond and credit facility agreements with a panel of banks.
Email Karl Pilcher: firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Dial: +44(0)20 3950 3538
Contact Our London Office: Click here
We pride ourselves on our relationship with our clients as well as the service we provide. View some of our feedback on Trustpilot.