Lena trained and qualified as a solicitor at Kimbells LLP (now part of Freeths) and in 2012 moved to Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP a well renowned legal firm. In Commercial property, Lena has vast experience of representing every party, these are landlords, developers, lenders and commercial tenants. This gives Lena a panoramic viewpoint which enables her to provide excellent legal advice to ensure your risk is minimised and the transaction progresses fluidly.
In recent years, she has acted for both landlords and tenants (single properties, shopping centres and multi let schemes); acquisitions and disposals of commercial property including anti-embarrassment and overage provisions and commercial development transactions, advising on conditional agreements for lease and site assembly work.
- Acted for the owner of community shopping centres in the UK on the management of their investment. Responsible for a range of asset management work including grant of new leases and lease renewals, multiple licences to assign, licences for alterations and to underlet.
- Advising a mixed-use developer on regeneration projects involving the construction of office, retail, residential and leisure space.
- Acted on the acquisition of a 1.2 million sq feet lease in Stratford and the consequential grant of underleases to a variety of undertenants.
- Regularly advised a major food retailer on the acquisition and subsequent development of various sites for retail lettings.
- Acted for a pension fund on the £55 million acquisition of 3 office buildings and headed up the team dealing with the subsequent estate management.