Martin Buckeldee is a seasoned Commercial Property Solicitor who has a vast wealth of experience at his disposal. Throughout his career he has encountered a wide scope of property issues under a commercial lens. Alongside his diligent drafting and negotiating of commercial leases, Martin has provided critical support on numerous high value transactions to his clients in a corporate and banking environment. This breath of experience enables him to appreciate his client’s position from a commercially focused holistic perspective. This reassures his client, that Martin is fully aware of any potential risks that may occur when undertaking an instruction.
Expertise of Martin Buckeldee
- Acted as lead property assistant in the property aspects of the sale by N&S of its newspaper business and other titles, the consideration being £127 million. The property aspects involved a complete re configuration of the property interests of N&S including the transfer of the head lease at 10 LTS for a reverse premium of approximately £40 million.
- Acted in a Letting to Trinity Mirror, reversionary 10-year lease for 2 floors at 1 Canada Square for a combined rental in excess of £1.5million.
- Lead assistant in sale of portfolio of retail motor distributorships (selling the freehold and long leasehold interests), 15 properties with a sale price of £41.5million.
- Grant of lease of air space above residential development in Ashford along with lease of sub-station and ancillary electrical services and supply agreements.
- Commercial Lease of a major office development in Leicester with a retail value of £295,000.
- Represented his client in a Letting to Currencies Direct for a 10-year lease for rental valued at £570,000 per annum.
- Acting on behalf of Respondent as lead assistant in the acquisition of 40 petrol filling stations from Co-op (purchase price £19 million) doing all of the leasehold and freehold reports.
- Acted in respect of all of the property aspects of the sale of Channel 5 to Viacom by N&S for sale price £450 million.
- Acted in respect of the property aspects in the sale of a nationwide electrical distributor involving over 30 branches for the company sale price of £8 million.
- Acted in respect of the property aspects of the regearing of the bank facility for 3 substantial hotels involving deeds of variations of the occupational leases providing for future rental payments exceeding £3million per annum.
- Acting in respect of the property aspects of the regearing of the bank facility valued at £110 million for a major Public Listed Company involving the regearing of the lease.
- Preparation and negotiation of full City of London Law Society certificates of title for a number of refinancing deals for sums in excess of £5million
- Acting on behalf of Halifax Bank in a number of refinancing projects including a substantial light industrial complex in North London.
- Assisted in refinancing of a major West End mixed use retail and office property dealt with by way of City of London Law Society certificates.
- Preparation and negotiation of 12 full City of London Law Society certificates as part of Respondent’s refinancing of 50 plus petrol filling stations the refinancing being in the sum of £60 million.
We pride ourselves on our relationship with our clients as well as the service we provide. View some of our feedback on Trustpilot.