Sona Ondhia is an experienced litigation solicitor, specialising in commercial and property litigation. She is able to assist in a wide range of matters, including; debt matters, contract disputes and company disputes.
She has been listed in previous editions of the Legal 500 for Property Litigation as a Recommended Lawyer and was described as “extremely thorough and dependable”. The 2015 edition notes that “Solicitor Sona Ondhia is singled out for praise as diligent, thorough and totally dependable; her disarming charm is a considerable tactical asset…”.
Sona acts for both individual clients and companies and can advise on litigation matters of all values. Some examples of cases that Sona has dealt with are listed below.
- Jointly dealing with a dispute whereby the Court was asked to determine whether a partnership existed.The case, which progressed to the Court of Appeal, involved issues of breach of contract and misrepresentation (Valencia v Llupar  EWCA Civ 396).
- Acting for a shareholder in a multi-million pound company fall out resulting in petitions for unfair prejudice and equitable winding up.
- Acting for a defendant director and shareholder in a company dispute over allegations of an unlawful transfer of shares and fraud.
- Acting in debt matters against companies and individuals.
- Acting for a freehold developer in a case involving allegations of unlawful forfeiture.
- Acting in high value forfeiture proceedings.
- High Court proceedings for breach of contract relating to the purchase of property.
- Advising and acting in landlord and tenant matters including rent arrears, disrepair, dilapidations and possession proceedings.
- Acting for a prospective purchaser of a property following the appointment of LPA receivers, together with Timothy Polli QC.
- Advising on issues of misrepresentation arising from the sale of a property.