Sona Ondhia is an experienced litigation solicitor, specialising in commercial and property litigation.
She has been listed in previous editions of the Legal 500 for Property Litigation as a Recommended Lawyer, and it has been noted that: “Solicitor Sona Ondhia is singled out for praise as diligent, thorough and totally dependable; her disarming charm is a considerable tactical asset…”.
Sona acts for both individual clients and companies and can advise on litigation matters of all values. Some examples of cases that Sona has dealt with are listed below.
Expertise of Sona Ondhia
- Acting in high value forfeiture proceedings.
- Acting for a freehold developer in a case involving allegations of unlawful forfeiture.
- High Court proceedings for breach of contract relating to the purchase of property. This was a case in which tenants remained in the property, despite the sale/purchase having taken place on the basis that vacant possession would be provided.
- Advising and acting in both residential and commercial landlord and tenant matters including:
- rent arrears
- disrepair actions
- possession proceedings
- breaches of covenants
- service charge disputes
- disputes regarding the management of properties/buildings
- break notices
- Acting for a purchaser of a property who had exchanged contracts, following the appointment of LPA receivers.
- Acting in claims for specific performance of a contract for the sale/purchase of a property, following a failure to complete the transaction.
- Advising on issues of misrepresentation arising from the sale of a property.
- Acting in disputes relating to interests in property following the breakdown of relationships and/or death of an owner. For example, advising in respect of an occupier’s rights following the death of one owner of a property.
- Advising and acting in a dispute against a local authority with regard to an easement over a car park space.
- Acting in actions against freeholders of new-builds for defective works.
- Advising in adverse possession and right of way matters.
- Jointly dealing with a dispute whereby the Court was asked to determine whether a partnership existed. The case, which progressed to the Court of Appeal, involved issues of breach of contract and misrepresentation (Valencia v Llupar  EWCA Civ 396).
- Acting for a shareholder in a multi-million pound company fall out resulting in petitions for unfair prejudice and equitable winding up.
- Acting for a defendant director and shareholder in a company dispute over allegations of an unlawful transfer of shares and fraud.
- Acting in debt matters against companies and individuals.
- Acting and advising in actions against builders and other contractors, in relation to uncompleted and/or unsatisfactory works/services.
- Acting in various contract disputes including breach of contract and misrepresentation matters.
- Advising in trademark disputes.
We pride ourselves on our relationship with our clients as well as the service we provide. View some of our feedback on Trustpilot.