Virtually all commercial transactions have tax implications, as any business which acquires, sells or restructures its assets, will frequently require tax assistance when negotiating and documenting the transaction, to ensuring the smooth completion of the deal.
Our tax teams have comprehensive knowledge of UK tax law, and deep sector insight, frequently advising company finance directors, entrepreneurs and other professionals on the tax implications of their business and transactions. We understand that getting your tax structures right has a direct impact on your business’ bottom line, so it is important to have a lawyer that thinks creatively and innovatively.
We specialise in all forms of taxation, UK and international, direct and indirect. Our aim is to provide constructive advice within an agreed time and budget. We handle disputes with HMRC and tax litigation at all levels.
Close collaboration with our professional clients is fundamental to the way we work. We are entirely flexible in the way in which this is done. Furthermore, given our expertise in other core areas of law such as commercial technology, commercial, corporate, employment, insurance and intellectual property, our lawyers are ideally placed to advise on the cross-over of tax with any of these areas.
- Advice to private individuals including those with an international connection in relation to their UK tax position, often involving the interaction of business and personal affairs.
- Compliance and disclosure.
- Contentious tax law matters, including in relation to cross-border assets and offshore trusts.
- Corporate mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate restructuring and demergers
- Entrepreneurs’ Investment Schemes (EIS)
- HMRC investigations and enquiries.
- Advice and representation for clients undergoing investigation.
- Tax planning and advice related to business property and share transfers, and corporate restructuring.
- Seed Enterprise Investment Schemes (SEIS)
- Negotiating tax risk.
- Tax advice and drafting relating to financing arrangements.
- Venture Capital Trusts (VCT)